Getting Around St Andrews, the Kingdom of Fife and the rest of Scotland!
St Andrews has a good network of public transport which is used by locals and visitors alike. There are plenty of options for different modes of transport.
Travel and Transportation
Kingdom of Fife Council's Public Transport Information Line on 01592 416060 (9am - 4pm, Mon - Fri).
- Fife Scottish Omnibuses Ltd 01592 642394
- Glenrothes Bus Station 01592 610686
- Dunfermline Bus Station 01383 621249
- St Andrews Bus Station 01334 474238
- Scottish Citylink Coaches LTD National 0990 50 50 50
- St Andrews Park and Ride - A free Park & Ride service operates into St Andrews town center from 21st June to 19th September. The service runs between 9am - 5pm from the Petherum Bridge Car Park on the A91 west of the town.
- National Rail Inquiry number 0345 48 49 50 (24 hours)
- Scot Rail Telesales number 0345 55 00 33
- Trains from Edinburgh and Aberdeen: Stations at: Inverkeithing, Kirkcaldy, Markinch, Ladybank, Cupar and Leuchars for St Andrews.
- Fife Circle Trains: Stations at: North Queensferry, Inverkeithing, Rosyth, Dunfermline, Cowdenbeath, Lochgelly, Cardenden, Dalgety Bay, Aberdour, Burntisland, Kinghorn, Kirkcaldy, Glenrothes with Thornton and Markinch
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car 01383 723333
- Ian Cowe Coachworks 01334 472543
For more information on bus and rail services within Fife, pick up a free copy of Fife Council's 'Getting Around Fife Public Transport Map' from any Tourist Information Centre, Bus Station, Local Council Office or call Fife Council's Information Line on 01592 41 60 60 (9am -4pm, Mon -Fri).
Useful resources for travelling in Scotland
Heart of Scotland Tours - Bus tours from Edinburgh around some of Scotlands most famous landmarks. Expert guides share their knowledge of the remarkable history and legend surrounding Scotland.
Walkabout Scotland - Walking holidays in Scotland. Escape the hussle and bustle of normal life, and immerse yourself in the beautiful mountain and lakes of Scotland. Walkabout Scotland lead day walks, weekend breaks and longer holidays from Scotland to the Highlands of Scotland.
Budgetbackpackers - Budget accommodation in Edinburgh targeted at the young independent traveller or backpacker. High quality dorm accommodation and twin rooms
Craigmoss - High quality Self catering accommodation in Edinburgh and the Highlands, plus bed and breakfast in the centre of Edinburgh
Craigengillan - Riding holidays in Ayrshire, Scotland, plus full livery service.
Find Flats - Flats to rent / to let in Edinburgh