What's On in St. Andrews
St. Andrews is of course well known for being the Home of Golf. You can find out more about the St Andrews Old Course here!
St Andrews is a place with plenty more to offer than just golf however. As a town it is stepped in history and culture. Even for children who may be less interested in these intellectual pursuits, the town and surrounding area provide a raft of activities.
- Botanic Gardens - well laid out gardens, combined with academic thoroughness to make beautiful plants easily identifiable.
- Sea Life Centre - entertainment for all ages with over 30 displays. Close encounters with sea life from sharks to eels - 01334 474786.
- East Sands Leisure Centre - 01334 476506
- Mini Golf - a favourite with local residents and students. A place in the town where you can get 18 holes in St Andrews, with a backdrop of the Old Course and the Royal and Ancient Clubhouse.
- Craigtoun Country Park - a country park with large open spaces, beautiful gardens, miniature golf, a model train ride and boating lake.
- St Andrews Walk - visit some of the many historic buildings and landmarks in St Andrews, and enjoy a bracing stroll along the golden East Sands beach on this urban exploration.
- St. Andrews Preservation Trust - see what st Andrews was like in history.
- British Golf Museum - a vast range of golfing information, memorabilia and exhibits relating to the game of golf.
- Crawford Art Centre - offers interesting exhibitions throughout the year on a range of topics, offers free admission.
- St. Andrews Museum - trace more than 1000 years of history in a place which offers free admission.
- Byre Theatre - Theatre which had its beginnings in 1933 as an old cow shed and offers a variety of performances throughout the year.
- Bonkers - craft shop, located on Market Street.
- MacGregors - gift and coffee shop, located on Market Street.
- Rock Sensations - sells Lava Lamps, located on South Street.
- Church Square Ceramics - located on Church Square.
- St Andrews Pottery Shop - traditional pottery, tiles and stylish Scottish made craft work, located on Church Square.
- Auchterlonies - golf shop, located in Golf Place.
- Fisher and Donaldson - bakery with interesting cakes, located on Church Street.
- Butler and Co. - good delicatesen, located on Church Street.
- Janetta's Ice Cream Parlour - boasting 52 flavours of ice cream.
- Dolls House - modern cooking.
- The Smugglers Inn - traditional Scottish food.
- The Balaka - traditional Indian food.
- Jahangir - traditional Indian food.
- Cafe India - traditional Indian food.
- The Vine Leaf - modern and Scottish food.
- French Cafe - traditional French food.
- Ogstons - all round eating with a wide range of food.
- The Ship Inn (Elie) - traditional pub food.
- The Peat Inn (Cupar) - modern cooking.
- Ostlers Close - modern Scottish food.