A Golfers Paradise...
Golfing in St. Andrews - Home to the Open Golf 2005
- Known throughout the world as the Home of Golf, the Kingdom of Fife boasts more than forty courses.
- From the famed fairways of St Andrews and several traditional seaside links to beautifully landscaped parkland and heathland courses makes much of the area a golfing spectacle.
- The Old Course, boasting the luxury Old Course Hotel, is a mecca for swingers from all over the world, now the governing body for the rules of golf in most countries.
- The Society of St Andrews Golfers was set up in 1754 to organise an annual competition.
- Eighty years later it became the Royal & Ancient Golf Club as we know it today.
- St Andrews alone boasts six courses in all, along with an excellent practice centre, and many golf shops.
- If it's golf history you're interested in, take a wander round the British Golf Museum, where you'll find memorabilia galore which traces 500 years of golfing history.
- St Andrews will host the prestigeous Open Golf Championship in 2005
The Old Course